From now on, I've decided to post everything on my other blog. I think it will be better to have everything in my website so I can focus just in one place to have it updated and beautifully done! Click on the image above to go to my new site! --->> www.taniaestevez.com

Horns, skulls and flowers



A few days ago I went to the Georgia O'Keeffe exhibition in Tate Modern. I discovered a part of her work that I didn't know: the animal skulls that she painted when she lived in New Mexico.
I knew about her flowers but I had no idea of the diversity of her work.
***
Hace unos días estuve en la exhibición de Georgia O'Keeffe en Tate Modern. Descubrí una parte de su trabajo que no conocía: los cráneos de animales que pintó en su etapa en Nuevo Méjico.
Yo sabía de sus famosas flores, pero no tenia ni idea de la cantidad de temas que pintó, entre ellos los cráneos.


I was very inspired getting to know her work better. So this week I've decided to work in a new collection, that I somehow already had in my mind, but  has finished to come out thanks to the work of this incredible woman.

As you know, I love to paint portraits but I also love adding elements with symbolic strength and exploring the aesthetic in the whole.

In this case, the aesthetic I want to develop and express is not related with death, in spite of the skulls.
It is about the opposite. This collection is about life, is about how we live, how we understand it and how we interact with it. It is about our relationship with nature and it tells us about the deepest feelings.

That's why white is predominating and I use splashes of colour that bring light and contrast.

Here you are a few pictures of the artwork process.
***
Me inspiró muchísimo ver sus obras y conocer su trabajo mejor, así que esta semana he decidido trabajar en una colección que ya venia dando vueltas por mi cabeza pero que ha terminado de salir gracias a la obra de esta increíble mujer.

Como ya sabéis, me encanta pintar retratos, pero también me gusta añadir a estos retratos elementos que tengan fuerza simbólica y explorar su estética conjunta. 


En este caso la estética que quiero desarrollar (y lo que con ello quiero expresar) no tiene nada que ver con la muerte, pese a los cráneos. 

Se trata de todo lo contrario. Esta colección habla de la vida, de como la vivimos, de como la entendemos, de como interactuámos con ella. Habla de nuestra relación con la naturaleza y nos cuenta acerca de los sentimientos más profundos. 
Es por eso que predomina el blanco y utilizo toques de color que le dan luz y contraste. 

Aquí dejo unas cuantas fotos del proceso de trabajo.







***





Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment

.